Vermont Move Management was created to assist older adults, their families and others better navigate the often emotional process of downsizing, moving and setting up in a new, often smaller, home.
Owner Peter Conlon, a member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers, saw the need for this service with explosive growth of independent and assisted-living senior communities in Vermont, and being involved with many moves of family members himself over many decades.
NASMM members have expertise in resources and approaches that save money, reduce stress and produce quality results. Services are client-centered and personalized to meet client needs and promote client dignity and autonomy. NASMM members are reviewed for insurance and experience, as well as participate in ongoing educational programs that reflect a commitment to professionalism and working with older adults. NASMM members adhere to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
Vermont Move Management, however, assists clients of any age with moves of any size. Often, people find they need a partner to help them through the process of downsizing, packing, selecting movers, and preparing their home for sale or rent. VMM can be there for every step.
Free initial in-home consultation (usually 1-2 hours). Absolutely no obligation.
- Developing an overall move or age-in-place plan.
- Organizing, sorting and downsizing.
- Customized floor plan of your new home to decide placement of furniture and decor.
- Arranging for the profitable disposal of unwanted items through auction, estate sale, consignment, donation or combination of these.
- Interviewing, scheduling and overseeing movers.
- Arranging shipments and storage.
- Professional packing.
- Unpacking and setting up of new home.
- Related services, such as cleaning, waste removal, shopping for new home essentials and helping to prepare the home for sale or rent.
Vermont Move Management